Peaceful Tomorrows is an organization founded by family members of those killed on September 11th who have united to turn our grief into action for peace. By developing and advocating nonviolent options and actions in the pursuit of justice, find we hope to break the cycles of violence engendered by war and terrorism. Acknowledging our common experience with all people affected by violence throughout the world, we work to create a safer and more peaceful world for everyone.
1. To promote dialogue on alternatives to war, while educating and raising the consciousness of the public on issues of war, peace, and the underlying causes of terrorism.
2. To support and offer fellowship to others seeking nonviolent responses to all forms of terrorism, both individual and institutional.
3. To call attention to threats to civil liberties, human rights, and other freedoms in the U.S. as a consequence of war.
4. To acknowledge our fellowship with all people affected by violence and war, recognizing that the resulting deaths are overwhelmingly civilian.
5. To encourage a multilateral, collaborative effort to bring those responsible for the September 11, 2001 attacks to justice in accordance with the principles of international law.
6. To promote U.S. foreign policy that places a priority on internationally-recognized principles of human rights, democracy and self-rule.
7. To demand ongoing investigations into the events leading up to the September 11, 2001 attacks that took the lives of our loved ones, including exhaustive examinations of U.S. foreign policies and national security failures.
If you are a 9-11 family member, survivor or friend of a 9-11 victim who would like to join Peaceful Tomorrows please visit the Join Us Page for more information.